Wednesday, 04 April 2012 19:00
1. What skills, experience, education or training do you have that is relevant to serving on GreenStar's board of directors? (Are you currently or have you previously been on Council? If so, for how long?)
2. What life experiences or perspectives can you bring to Council that would help Council better represent the Membership?
3. What do you think are the most important issues for Council to be working on at this time?
4. One of Council's primary roles is listening to our members and keeping them informed as to important Co-op developments and upcoming discussions. What are your ideas or concerns about the involvement of the Membership in Co-op matters?
5. What would you like GreenStar's involvement with or connection to the larger community to be?
6. Is there anything else you want to say to the voters?
Thursday, 01 March 2012 13:00
By 12th Moon,
Council held its Feb. 14 meeting at The Space with GreenStar's newly hired Operations Manager, Sara Paulison, sitting in for our General Manager (GM), Brandon Kane, who was on vacation. Welcome and congratulations to Sara for the promotion and twelve years of service to our co-op.
After introductions and during our agenda review, we added a short item to the agenda, to update our Council Election Policy to reflect the change made two years ago incorporating two committees, the Governance and the Policy Monitoring committees, into one committee called the Governance and Monitoring Committee. The amendment passed without much discussion.
We next received the monthly GM Report that Brandon had submitted with the agenda packet, and noted that the stores are doing very well and are maintaining a steady pace of improvements to their infrastructures. The Information Services department has been busy upgrading our computer services to integrate both stores more fluidly and to protect us against internet down time. Oasis is progressing with planned improvements and the Deli Department is working on even more new offerings (see the article on page 1 for details). The Winter Farmers Market held in The Space @ GreenStar during January and February has been a great success, and provides one more example of the community service our ownership of the building has allowed us to offer.
- Council Approves New Policy Governance-Style Policies; Seeks Election Candidates
- Council Approves Loan to Fellow Co-op; Discusses Low Turnout for Member Bylaws Vote
- Council Approves 2012 Budget; Appoints Two New Members
- Council Discusses Rules for Member-Initiated Petitions; Signs Consulting Agreement for Expansion-
Page 16 of 31«StartPrev11121314151617181920NextEnd»
Thanks for your interest in serving on GreenStar's Council (board of directors). We look forward to hearing your voice, benefiting from your ideas, and working with you to make the Co-op an even better place.
Annual Elections (in April); Appointments to Fill Vacancies Between Elections
In the annual Council election, conducted throughout April, at least five of the seats on Council are filled (for 3-year terms). If vacancies have occurred since the previous election, those may be filled for the balance of those terms (e.g., for 1 or 2 years). To be elected, a candidate must receive at least 50 valid votes, and at least 200 members must participate in the voting). Vacancies that occur during t...
Upcoming Council Events
Personnel Committee Meeting
Thursday September 18, 05:30 PM
Executive Planning Committee Meeting
Tuesday September 23, 05:30 PM
Finance Committee Meeting
Thursday September 25, 05:30 PM
Governance Committee Meeting
Monday October 06, 06:00 PM
Membership Committee Meeting
Thursday October 09, 05:00 PM