Community Owned Since 1971
GreenStar is a member-owned, community consumer cooperative, over 12,000 members strong. At GreenStar, we celebrate fresh, whole foods, sustainable living, and the transformative power of a strong local economy.
By becoming a member-owner, you join with cooperators worldwide, changing the way business is done by placing people and environment first, and investing profits back to the Co-op and community.
Benefits of Member-Ownership
While you don’t have to be a member-owner to shop at GreenStar, the benefits are truly amazing!
GreenStar Member-Owners Can:
- Run for GreenStar Council, our governing body
- Elect GreenStar Council Members, Vote on By-Laws changes,
- Initiate & Vote on referendum that impact GreenStar policy
- Serve on a GreenStar Council Committee
- Attend Member-Owner meetings & forums
- Enjoy Co-op social events & community projects
Member-Owners Enjoy These Special Savings:
- Member Deals Sales
- 5.5% off for seniors (65+) and differently-abled Member-Owners
- 13% FLOWER food access discount for qualifying individuals
- Discounted Co-op classes
- Volunteer in our Member Labor Program to earn a discount!
- Discounted rental rate for The Space @ GreenStar
- Occasional in-store Member Appreciation Events