A quick and flavorful side dish, or turn it into an entree by adding tofu, cooked chicken, or shrimp.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 pound uncooked broad or narrow rice noodles
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Thai garlic chili paste
- 1/2-1 cup carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2-1 cup celery, thinly sliced on bias
- 1/2 -1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1-2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons salted roasted peanuts
- Cook noodles according to package; rinse in cold water and drain.
- Combine noodles with tamari, toasted sesame oil, sweet chili sauce, and chili paste and mix well. Toss sliced carrots, celery, red onion, red bell pepper, and cabbage together with noodles. Garnish with black sesame seeds and peanuts.
To turn this into a full meal, add cooked chicken strips, shrimp, or baked tofu; serve with your favorite egg rolls.
189 calories, 16 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 104 mg. sodium, 11 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 4 g. protein