Donation Request Policy
We request that donation requests be submitted 2 to 4 weeks before an event. We will consider last-minute requests, but please be advised that donation dollars may already be allocated for the current month.
Where to file:
An application can be filled in below or one can be obtained and turned in at the West End store’s Customer Service Desk. Any questions regarding the status of your donation request can be directed to:
Debbie Lazinsky, Marketing Dept. (607)-277-0020 ext. 501, firstname.lastname@example.org
What to request:
We can make donations of GreenStar merchandise, gift card, or gift basket. It is helpful to specify your preferences. We generally make donations in the range of $15-$25.
GreenStar does not donate to individuals. GreenStar’s donations are intended for organizations.
These are the criteria for eligibility:
- Organization must operate as a not-for-profit
- The organization must either be:
- a) one that serves people generally recognized as less privileged by virtue of discrimination (race,class, ability, sexual orientation)
- b) one whose primary objective matches one of GreenStar’s goals:
- working on concerns directly affecting the Ithaca community
- creation of democratically operated cooperative institutions
- promotion of nutritious foods, diets, and activities
- local production of foods and other goods
- ecological responsibility