Total Time: 30 min.
Topped with a paprika, fresh basil and Dijon vinaigrette, this grilled veggie salad is bursting with flavor.
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups halved button mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large red onion sliced into
- 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 1-pound bag washed mixed salad greens
- Place all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a blender or food processor. Blend until emulsified and set aside.
- Heat the grill over medium-high heat. Drizzle all the vegetables with the vegetable oil. Place the carrots on the grill, turning every 4 to 5 minutes, until you can pierce them with a fork (15 to 20 minutes total). Make a foil packet for the mushrooms and tomatoes and place on the grill, or use a grilling basket to cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until cooked through. Next, grill the onion and zucchini until tender, approximately 3 to 5 minutes per side. Arrange salad greens on a serving platter, place grilled vegetables atop the greens and drizzle with the vinaigrette to taste. Leftover dressing will keep refrigerated for a week or more.
A grilled vegetable salad is a colorful accompaniment for grilled pork, chicken or burgers. For a vegetarian main dish, scoop warm quinoa pilaf onto the salad greens, and arrange the grilled veggies on top.
340 calories, 18 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 870 mg. sodium, 43 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. fiber, 8 g. protein