healthy brown rice salad w/ kale + sesame seeds
This easy, healthy brown rice salad is perfect as a snack or as lunch on the go!
Serves: 2 Salads
- 1 Cup Brown Rice, uncooked
- 3 Cups Kale, chopped
- 1 Tbs Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tbs White Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbs Black Sesame Seeds
- ½ Cup Mung Bean Sprouts
- 2 Tbs Shoyu
- ¼ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Squeeze Fresh Lime
- ½ Cup Pepitas
- Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt
- Start by cooking the brown rice according to manufacturer’s instructions. When done, let cool and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to a low broil. Mix pepitas, olive oil, salt and pepper until well combined. On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, broil pepitas for about 1-2 minutes, or until browned. Set aside for later.
- Combine all salad ingredients and toss until evenly combined. Add in shoyu, red pepper, and lime, and mix well. Mix in roasted pepitas.
- Garnish with any extra seeds and extra red pepper flakes (if desired).