1. Important Dates:
- Council Elections/Voting: April 20 → May 20
- Member Forum (Meet the Candidates): May 6 at the TCPL Borg Warner Room (East)
- Annual Member Meeting: May 19 at the TCPL Borg Warner Room (Full)
2. There’s still time to run for Council! Declare your Candidacy by March 1!
Are you a GreenStar member-owner, ready to bring your perspective and experience to the cooperative table? Join Council (our Board of Directors) and help GreenStar Grow Forward! As a Council member, you get to add your voice by participating in a powerful, member-owned democracy that works for food and social justice, while carrying out the fiscal and legal responsibilities of being a Council member. Greater diversity and representation on GreenStar’s Council advances the Co-op’s goal of inclusion, and helps realize our commitment to the Cooperative Principles.
To appear on the ballot, you must fill out and submit a Council Candidate Application (available at any of our three locations or on our website) by March 1. Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Submit your questions for Council candidates!
Is there a question you’d like to have our Council Candidates answer at our Candidate Forum or Member Meeting? Email email@example.com to submit your question for consideration by our Membership Engagement Committee.
4. In addition to Council elections, there are two ballot questions for bylaws amendments:
Council allows for member-owners to submit statements in favor of, or opposition to, bylaws amendments. Interested member-owners can learn more or submit a proposed pro or con statement (must be 400 words or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 3 for consideration of the Membership Engagement Committee.