The perfect potluck salad! Make ahead of time, and keep the salad cool until it’s time to share. Keeps, tightly covered in the refrigerator, for two days. Use vegan meat and cheese alternatives if you follow a plant-based diet.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 bunch Tuscan (lacinato) kale, stems removed and coarsely chopped to make 8 cups
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 12-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, plus 2 Tbsp of marinade
- 1/4 cup red onion, slivered
- 1 3-ounce package sliced salami, cut in strips
- 2 large pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 1 large jarred roasted red pepper, drained and patted dry, slivered
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Chop the kale and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and salt and massage the kale until it softens and shrinks. Add the drained artichoke hearts, red onions, salami, pepperoncini, roasted pepper, and parmesan cheese and toss to mix.
390 calories, 31 g fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 1240 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein