Member Labor Volunteer Program
Volunteering at the Co-op is one of the many the fabulous perks of Member-Ownership. Only Member-Owners can volunteer, and by doing so, receive a discount on purchases. You will also learn about the Co-op, and work alongside fellow Member-Owners. Your involvement enhances the spirit of community that is so important to GreenStar’s mission and values. Read on to find out more.
There are two levels of involvement:
- 2 hours weekly, for a designated shift (same day, time, department, store)
- 4 month minimum commitment for all SuperWorker shifts
- Receive a 15.5% SuperWorker discount on most purchases
- Every 2 hour volunteer shift earns 7 days of the SuperWorker discount
Council Committee Member-at-Large seats
Serve on a Council Committees in an advisory capacity. Each committee meets monthly, on a specific day (e.g. 3rd Tuesday) at a set time. Learn more about Council Committees here.
Standing Council Committees include:
- Finance Committee
- Governance Committee
- Membership Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Bylaws and Policy Review
- Expansion Committee
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Attend monthly committee meeting, plus occasional homework
- Attend at least 2 committee meetings per quarter (3 month period)
- Receive an 8% discount
- Meeting attendance earns 4 weeks (28 days) of the MemberWorker discount
How to Get Started
Attend an upcoming one hour Member Labor Program Orientation, which is required in order to volunteer in any capacity. Orientations are held at each store location, and you can attend any orientation, regardless of where you’d like to volunteer.
The schedule of upcoming Member Labor Volunteer Orientations can be found on our events calendar page.
Volunteer shift sign-up happens at the Orientation, but you may view the variety of Member Labor opportunities posted at the Member Centers in each store location. Only the West End Member Center displays the in-store volunteer opportunities for all three stores.
Questions? Contact email@example.com