Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 5 (1 cup servings)
This Mediterranean-inspired wrap features marinated steak with pickled vegetables and refreshing minted yogurt sauce.
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice vinegar, divided
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups thinly-sliced cucumber
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup julienned red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cane sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2/3 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 4 each 10″ to 12” whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine the tamari, olive oil, 2 tablespoons of brown rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, thyme, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes and black pepper and stir. Place the steak in a small glass or porcelain dish, cover with the marinade and refrigerate for 1-8 hours.
- An hour before grilling the steak, prepare the yogurt sauce and pickled vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sliced cucumber, carrots, red onion, 2/3 cup of brown rice vinegar, sugar, 1 teaspoon chili flakes and 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, diced cucumber, lime juice, mint and a 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high and cook the steak 3-4 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Remove the steak from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Assemble the wrap by layering the middle third of each tortilla with equal portions of basmati rice, sliced steak and pickled vegetables. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve with yogurt sauce on the side.
858 calories, 22 g. fat, 78 mg. cholesterol, 792 mg. sodium, 123 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. fiber, 39 g. protein