These spicy collards are a delicious and nutritious side — great with cornbread and your favorite grilled meat or seafood.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large bunches collard greens, stemmed and chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 6 Tbspolive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
Bring a large stockpot 3/4 full of salted water to a boil.
Add chopped collard greens and blanch for 3-4 minutes.
Remove from heat and drain. Squeeze out excess water.
In a skillet, sauté the remaining ingredients in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
Toss the sautéed vegetables and spices with the drained collards and remaining olive oil.
54 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 2 g protein, 343 mg sodium