This Tex-Mex favorite is delicious with grilled fish or burgers, or add diced cooked chicken to create a whole meal.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the garlic, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, Dijon mustard and olive oil to make the dressing.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomato, green pepper, green onions, and jalapeno pepper. Add the dressing, mix well and season with salt and pepper. Top salad with crumbled feta cheese.
Add diced cooked chicken to create a Santa Fe-style salad, served on a bed of greens, in a soft flour tortilla or atop a crisp tostada shell.
328 calories, 18 g fat, 34 mg cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 14 g protein