Fondue is a special and delicious way to start a meal. Don’t have a fondue pot? No problem. Just use individual ramekins as serving dishes.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 6 ounces Jack cheese, cut into small cubes
- 6 ounces Gouda cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 Tbsp unbleached white flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tsp. grated shallots
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Dredge the cheeses in the flour. Place the wine and the shallots in a heavy pot over medium heat and bring to a light simmer.
- Stir in the cheese a little at a time until the mixture is smooth and all of the cheese is melted. Add the remaining ingredients and transfer to a fondue pot or individual stoneware ramekins.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Calories: 325, Fat: 26 g, Cholesterol: 87 mg, Sodium: 561 mg, Carbohydrate: 1 g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 21 g