Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2, 2 pancakes each
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons pasteurized egg substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons walnut or canola oil
Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add cranberries; boil for 2 minutes. Drain and cool for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg (if using) in a large bowl.
Whisk milk, egg substitute, oil and vanilla (if using) in a small bowl until combined.
Coarsely chop the cranberries; stir into the milk mixture. Stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined.
Coat a griddle or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Using 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, cook 2 pancakes at a time until bubbles dot the surface, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until browned, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Calories: 190, Carbohydrates: 34 g, Fat: 4 mg, Saturated Fat: 0 mg, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 mg, Protein: 6 mg, Cholesterol: 1 g, Fiber: 3 g, Postassium: mg, Sodium: 336 mg, Added Sugars: mg